Application of the Comb electrode proved its efficiency in the treatment of various diseases.
Using this electrode allows avoiding shaving the patient’s head and has a wide range of indications, including the treatment of: long-lasting sever and chronic diseases; brain-related pathologic processes (inflammatory, vascular, metabolic); higher nervous activity disorders (memory loss, agnosia, etc.); inadequate behaviour; hearing, smelling, coordination, visual impairment, etc.; any immedicable diseases probably having a psychosomatic origin; diseases of unknown pathogenesis; abnormal values of head energy detected during Voll’s test.
The effects of SCENAR cranial therapy are similar to the ones of SCENAR therapy, but they are often more pronounced. The most common of them are:
* mood improvement, performance in coordination, increased activity;
* better sleep; improved quality of senses; normalized behavioural reactions;
* improved mental activity; normalized head energy (according to the Voll test results);
* stimulation of the brain regions to partially perform the functions of the damaged regions (distant results after the treatment course).
Set comfortable treatment energy.
Slowly move the comb electrode along the head skin.
When you identify the zones with increased sensitivity, pay more attention to them (10-20 min) by keeping or moving the electrode in these areas and noticing the dynamics of the tingling sensations (in terms of one session and comparing to the previous sessions).
The treatment is carried out in the projections of the dysfunctional brain regions (taking into account the individual variability of the reflex zones).
If a patient is able to use the comb electrode himself, instruct him and let him work for 10-15 minutes (before or after the main procedure performed in the areas of general regulation) and ask him to comment his sensations while treatment.
If a patient is able to treat himself, treat the whole head, taking into account the projection zones of the affected CNS regions. Also, take into account the mimics and speech of the patient (there will be specific reactions when you identify the painful areas).
During the treatment sessions, the initial pain level is significantly reduced, the painful zones are decreased in size, and, sometimes, change their location.
During the following sessions, the painful areas are decreased and the pain is relieved, the tense of the head muscles is reduced.
1. Using the comb electrode additionally to the basic SCENAR treatment provides for more stable and fast treatment results.
2. There is a positive psychological influence since patients can actively participate in their treatment (if self-treatment is possible).
3. The treatment technique is quite easy – it takes less than a minute to instruct the patient.
4. The positive result of this treatment (pain relief) is clearly evident both for the therapist and the patient.
5. The final result is assessed 1-3 months after the treatment course (the rehabilitation process still continues during this period).
1. Samosuyk I.Z. et al. “Manual, Homeopathic, and Reflexotherapy of the Spinal Osteochondrosis”, Kyiv, Zdorovie, 1992, p.270.
2. Triumfov A.V. “Topic Diagnostics of the Nervous System Diseases”, Moscow, Medpress, 2000.
3. Chuprikov A.P. et al. “Lateral Therapy. Guide for Doctors”, Kyiv, Zdorovie, 1994.
S.V. Alyoshin, Rostov-on-Don, Russia